Wednesday 17 August 2016

Fame at last?

Fame at Last?

The new Miniature Wargames dropped through my door yesterday, so as you do I flicked through to see if there was anything that struck a cord; sometimes there isn`t anything specific in an issue and whilst i usually read it all anyway, the mag sits on the shelf for while until I`m board :)

Henry had quite a bit to say in this issue what with his change of  personal focus within the magazine from designer/editor to just editor. But also the fact that his partner in crime Neil Shuck has moved on to pastures new.

I read the editorial then moved onto "World Wide Wargaming" to my surprise this blog gets a mention!! and I quote - 

"We open this month by highlighting the online activity of Richard Baber, well known for his work with the Society of twentieth century Wargamers, a regular reviewer in these very pages and sometime contributor. He has, in fact, been responsible for opening my eyes to a number of less well-known conflicts in North Africa, especially the Rif War. The Blog is full of charm, enthusiasm and clearly a deep knowledge and love of the areas in which he chooses to game"

Frankly I am stunning and humbled by this, I had no idea people actually read this (Pete, Neil, Will, etc accepted).
Put a big stupid smile on my face all evening :) 

12 comments:

  1. Nice one, Richard. His comments are spot on, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I never thought about others actually reading this stuff, it is mainly a form of self therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, that may be for the best. You could spend hours on SEO and trying to drive traffic.

      It's a lot simpler to just write what interests you.

      Delete
  3. Nice one Richard- well done.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well deserved recognition - enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very surprised, I assumed what I wrote and posted was just for me and you guys were just be polite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now you've realised that we're not polite?
      ;)

      Delete
  6. POLITE! Most of us would have to get someone to look it up for us in a dictionary. Every word of Henries comment is true. This is one of the few blogs I have bookmarked rather than just spotting a post on Blogs of War. Keep up the good work.

    Fatman

    PS I feel like most of us therapy may be a ship which has sailed just live with the madness. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi neil, my hobby is therapy, keeps my mind (or what I call a mind) active. Just wish i had the time to actually play more games. Thanks for the kind comments.

    ReplyDelete